Guidance notes for participating in Tournaments at Dartford Judo Club
The night before the tournament
- Assemble all necessary equipment, mitts, pads, mouth guards, groin protectors, chest protectors etc and place in your kit bag.
- Ensure mouth guards have been moulded correctly and groin protectors are of the correct size
- Check Gi is clean and in a tidy condition and belt is with the Gi
- Finger and toenails should be, if necessary, cut short.
At the tournament (Dojo)
- Make sure you arrive in good time to register your attendance.
- Once registered, competitors in the first two events will make their way into the appropriate changing room and dojo with equipment. All other competitors will make their way upstairs to the viewing gallery.
- FOOTWARE (SHOES) OF ANY KIND MUST NOT BE WORN IN THE DOJO. FOOD AND OR DRINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE DOJO.
- Remember to bow at the entrance to the Dojo and always bow upon leaving and re-entering the Dojo
- Once inside the dojo, sit quietly and wait for the bowing in which precedes the beginning of the tournament.
- Listen carefully when each event of the tournament is called out, along with the names of those competitors taking part and which ring it is in.
- If any competitor is not present when called, the competitor's name will be called for a second and final time. If the competitor is still not present at the 2nd call, the event will commence. Once started, the absent competitor will not be allowed to participate in the event. It is the competitor's responsibility to ensure they are present when called.
- Always remember, tournaments are held within a Dojo environment. All traditions and etiquette are to be strictly upheld by both students and spectators. Any discourteous behaviour such as provocation and or uncalled for remarks will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification and or removal.